Run for Charity
As you may know, involving charities in our events is an important part of what we do. We are grateful for the success of our US charity partners who have raised over $275 million for their respective causes through Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events, since its inception in 1998.
In Edinburgh, we are pleased to partner with the following charities. If you are interested in running on behalf of one of them, please contact the charity directly.
PREFERRED CHARITY PARTNER
CANCER RESEARCH UK| Join Cancer Research UK at the Rock ‘n’ Roll Edinburgh Half Marathon and help us create more tomorrows. We’re the only ones fighting over 200 cancers, including the one that means the most to you. Did you know that we don’t receive any government funding? So we rely on the generosity of supporters like you to help us bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. We’ll support you all the way, with expert training and fundraising advice. Just call us on 0871 641 2403 to join our team, or email us at email@example.com if you have any questions
OFFICIAL CHARITY PARTNERS
- ANTHONY MUNDELL MEMORIAL FUND | We support families living in the Scottish borders with a child: battling cancer, a life limiting illness or after losing their child by providing: respite at our lovely caravan in Southerness, local support groups, a donation for medication. For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHEST HEART & STROKE SCOTLAND | Run with Scotland’s health charity and help us beat Scotland’s biggest killers. Contact Sara on 0131 225 4800 or email email@example.com to get your charity place today. All funds raised in Scotland stays in Scotland.
- CHILDREN 1ST | With over 125 years of experience as the RSSPCC, we work to build a brighter future for Scotland’s vulnerable children, young people and their families. Join our team today and make a difference. Call Helen on 0131 319 8068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION UK | Make-A-Wish Foundation UK exists for one simple reason – to grant truly magical wishes to children and young people fighting life-threatening diseases. Join our running team and help us grant more magical wishes! Call 0131 535 1037 or email email@example.com.
- MARIE CURIE CANCER CARE | Marie Curie Cancer Care | Join the Daffodil Team and help provide free nursing care to people with terminal illnesses in your local area. You’ll receive a Nike running vest, expert running advice and lots of fundraising tips. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0845 052 4184.
- ROYAL BLIND | All funds raised will help us build a community which blind and partially sighted people, including those who have other disabilities, are fully included and assisted with leading fulfilling lives. For more information, contact Karen Deacon at 0131 2291456 or email@example.com
- ST COLUMBA’S HOSPICE Help provide the highest standard of care for patients with far-advanced illness for which there is no cure, as well as support for their families and carers. Call us on 0131 551 7707 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
- STUART ANDREW LAWTIE MEMORIAL FUND (KIS) | Supporting care of young people with uncommon cancers for their age. Monies held in Registered Charity Lothian Health Board Endowment Fund (SC007342). For more information contact email@example.com.
- STROKE ASSOCIATION | Act F.A.S.T and help us to outrun stroke. The funds you raise will help us to take action on stroke together. Contact our fundraising team on 0131 555 7243 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- TACT |TACT is a children’s charity finding loving foster families for children in care. The money you raise will help us ensure vulnerable young people are given the happy childhood they deserve. For more information call 0131 455 488 or email email@example.com.
For further information on the Official Charity Program, click here.